Monday, February 27, 2006

Tee-ing it up

Hello world. You've been lucky enough to stumble across my blog. Some introductions first. My name is Zan and I've set this blog up to detail my golfing journey / progress. I don't really have any grand plans of trying to make the PGA tour or anything like that ... maybe just a seniors tour somewhere in the world. :)

I live in sunny Perth, Australia. Pretty good place if you're a golf lover. Plenty of sunshine (sometimes too much) in summer and still golfable (??) in winter. I mainly frequent a course south of the river called Collier Park. It's one of the better public courses in Perth with 27 holes. Sometimes I think it's too easy a course and might give me a false sense of how good I really am. So one of my aims this year is to play on more different courses.

I've been playing the game now for 6 or so years, and never got myself an official handicap until a few weeks ago. I was expecting a 14-15 handicap but I got given a 12. That's better than what I expected, and against what everyone was telling me to do. "Aim for a 20 something handicap and then just beat everyone (get some trophies) as you slowly play to what you really are". Erm... maybe not.. I don't quite think that's fair on the others and it's just doesn't sit right with me.

So now my main golf goal for the year is to maybe reduce my hc down to 10 (or even single digits). Is that possible in one year? Perhaps. Who knows... I might even get worse :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude,

I'll be following your progress with a watchful eye. We will need to have a round in december when I get back for Phong's wedding. It'll have to be on a neutral course (i.e. not Collier :P)