Saturday, June 10, 2006

3 Birdies!

If I said that I had 3 birdies in my last game, you would probably think that I shot a pretty good score. Well all that I managed was an 86. I played at my dad's club, it's longer and more challenging than the standard public courses I play (which is a nice change). We had a 4 ball, and the game was skins at $1 a hole. I was feeling pretty confident and thought I had a good chance against the others.

The front 9 was pretty tragic to say the least. I picked up my only skin on the 9th with a 6-iron 3rd shot into a par 5 to be an inch from the hole. That was the only highlight, for some reason I just can't string together good shots on each hole. i was out in a dismal 46.

The back 9 was much better. I picked up another 2 birdies. One was a chip in from the fringe and the other was a shot from a fairway bunker to a few inches from the pin. I was in with a much better 40.

My tee shots were ok without being too damaging, but the irons just didn't come together that day.

My day ended with 10 skins (you also get one for sand saves and chip-ins), which was good enough for 2nd. I'm still uncomfortable with my swing. I hope to sort it out at the range tomorrow. I'm not playing a round this weekend, but I do have a day off on Monday... and this is where I'm heading.. Kennedy Bay. It's one of my favourite courses. I like the links style courses, and one that gives you different options off the tee.

Here's hoping Monday isn't washed out. :)

No comments: