Sunday, January 10, 2010

One of those days ...

... where I struck the ball great (most of the time) all day, and I scored on every hole (stableford). I had a bunch of 3's on my scorecard and yet I ended up with only 36 points. It's one of those games you have where it fells like you played much better than you scored. To make matters worse, the course CCR was 71 - so I actually played one worse than my handicap. 

I hit 11 out of 14 fairways (78%) so there was nothing wrong with my driving. My GIR was probably about 50-60%. 

So how would you rather play - scoring worse than you played or scoring better than you played?

My preference is to score worse than you played. I might walk off the course confused about my score, but that's better than walking off frustrated with a shonky golf swing .... imo :)

1 comment:

rare_birdie said...

I'm with you. I'd rather have a solid round with a crap score. Although if you have a crap round and a good score, you must be in really good form!