Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Matchplay: Through Round 1

Our club started rnd 1 of our matchplay comp and I'm happy to say that I made it through. I got to the second round last year but had to withdraw because I wouldn't be available the week after. This time I've set aside 4 weeks to try and make it to the final. I think I've got a good chance of progressing because my current HC is 15. I know I can play better than this.

And I did on Saturday. Overall my game was solid. I would have shot around 82 if it was stroke play. The good part of the day was winning 3 balls for my effort. I got two closest to the pin prizes and one for a birdie. It would have been 4 balls if I didn't get pipped by a few meters on the long drive hole.

Looking forward to this weekends play. Here's hoping that I can make it to the 3rd round. :)

No comments: