Sunday, November 12, 2006

Lame Duck

We played a game of stableford yesterday. I finished with 35 points.. which equates to a one over my hc. The first 9 was a bit hit and miss with 17 points. But it got worse when I started my back 9. I hit a duck hook on the 10th and was lucky to find my ball. Another hook on the 11th and one on the 13th where I had to scratch the hole really hurt.

I think I was starting to tire and that was causing my bad swings. It was also a pretty difficult day because of the wind. I really have to try and play better in windy conditions.

But I was pretty happy with the way I finished off the last 3 holes. I knew I needed to score some points to get close to shooting my hc and managed to get par's on the final 3 holes... I think that's what they call 'grinding it out'.

1 comment:

rare_birdie said...

Hey dude, we playing some golf when I come back to Perth? I'll be around till the 14th of Jan.