Monday, April 24, 2006

Golf Healing.

I played on the weekend, not knowing what to expect out of my back. I was feeling a bit of pain on the front 9, but as the day went on the pain disappeared.

As for the golf... it was painful to watch :)

I had more short game dramas. I bogeyed the first hole after leaving myself a 1m+ putt for birdie. It can be terrifying standing over a 1m putt and not knowing where the ball might go. To anyone out there experiencing the yips.. my condolences to you. It can be a soul sucking experience.
My putting did improve during the day, but only through sheer force of willpower. Trying to relax and releasing the putter really helped.

A good point was my driving. I've managed to get back some distance and had most drives cranking around the 230m - 240m mark. Hitting around 71% of fairways is also good... but only making 33% of greens... not so good.

Hopefully my short and iron game starts to improve again. The way I was driving the ball... I really should have scored better than 89.

No comments: