Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fixing a broken swing

Well after last week's debacle I dragged myself to the driving range to try and regain a bit of form with my golf game. After spending a good 2 hrs there I think I'm back to about 65% of my potential form. The irons were average at best. Driving started off ok. I was hitting some pretty long drives with a little fade. I really wanted to get my ball flight going straight / draw again and it was quite frustrating not being able to pull it off.
There was a ray of light towards the end of my session with my last couple of drives having a very nice straight and spearing ball flight. The fix was to strengthen my left wrist grip pressure slightly, I think this helped promote a "pulling down" of the club from the top of my swing and helped keep my hands in-front of the clubhead.
I think another session at the range is what I'll aim for before heading out for a round again. :)

No comments: