Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Yippers!

I've always thought of the putting Yips as something that couldn't possibly happen to me. Putting just seems like the easiest thing in golf. Putter back... putter forward, no need to think about swing planes, swing paths, releasing clubheads etc. But I think I had the putting heeby jeebies yesterday. I had a good number of makable birdie putts, but I ended up getting bogey 3 times and making just one birdie. I guess after 2 weeks away from a full round and just practicing on my iron / driving at the range my short game is bound to suffer.

The rest of my game was just average. The round felt worse than my score of 85... which could have easily been around 80 if I didn't miss so many putts from inside 1m.

Something else that was a worry was a sore back/shoulder blade. I think I hurt this a week ago working on my car, and it was affecting my full swing. Kinda like a pinched nerve type of feel. It seems to be getting worse and I'm having trouble sleeping because of it. Think I'll make an appointment with a physiotherapist to get some relief.

It's also good to see Badds score a win on the PGA, and quite uplifting to see someone so open about his faith in the public eye. Pity about that tartan jacket he had to wear. The winners cheque should come in handy for a new one. :)

1 comment:

rare_birdie said...

Dude, maybe it's time for a new putter. That small blade thing you use can't be good.