Friday, April 21, 2006

You want me to play more golf?

So I went to the physio yesterday and he had a poke around my back. He felt my sore spot and he said "Wow.. that's pretty tight there. I want you to come back tomorrow for another session." So it's either pretty bad or he just wants more of my money :)

So there I was feeling like I would be off the golf course for a month and getting a bit down about it. I asked if I should stay away from this blasted game and I was quite surprised by his answer.
"Actually Zan, it'll probably do you some good to be swinging a club."
Apparently keeping that muscle in my back active will promote it to un-tighten and stop the spasms. YAY!

Anyway, he did a pretty good job and gave me an exercise to carry out during the day. I demonstrated this to my wife and she had the biggest belly laugh at me. It does look kinda silly.. but I'm not going to argue with a professional. I don't do this in public though.

So I'll probably head out on Sunday for a round. Might take it easy and not take full swings. It'll be good practice to try and get more clubhead speed with more wrist action.

z.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Ahhhh... the coveted "more golf" prescription.

-Greg