Friday, March 10, 2006

3 Putt Woes

I was fortunate enough to get a day off work on Thursday to fit in a round of golf at Glen Iris. Midweek golf is always nice but it was also a chance to play a round with two buddies that I haven't played with in awhile. Now I wouldn't say Glen Iris is a difficult course, but when you 3 putt your first 4 holes you know you're in for a tough day.

I don't know if it was the bad putting that affected me but I think it put more pressure on me to hit the ball close to the hole. And this had a spiraling affect on the rest of my game.

I think playing at Collier has made me worse. Maybe I'm too familiar with that place and need to experience other greens and courses.

Anyway, I hope that I've got all my bad shots out of my system because I've got round 2 of my clubs matchplay tourney tomorrow. I'm hoping to start the day with a couple of good shots to get my confidence back up again.
I quite enjoy the matchplay format. It's just you against some other guy, and is probably the only time you can lay the smackdown on an opponent in golf. :)

Forecast for tomorrow: light shower or two clearing early in the morning. A fine and mild day to follow. Moderate SW winds freshening in the afternoon -- Perfect conditions.. can't wait.

No comments: