Sunday, March 12, 2006

Matchplay round 2

I arrived at the course with a shaky golf game, unsure about how my driving and putting would hold up. I also found that I'd be playing someone on a handicap of 26, that means I'll be giving up 11 shots over the round. I really hoped that I'd have some form to hold me up during the round.

The front 9 went fairly well for me and I built up a 3 hole advantage. It was 4 holes after the 11th and things were going well. That was until I had my mid round collapse. Over the next couple of holes my opponent managed to square up the match. I finally pulled my head out of my **** and played some good golf on the last two holes. We finished the match tied and were about to head to extra holes but I conceded the match because I knew that I wouldn't be playing next week.

Should I have conceded the match right at the start? Not sure if I should have but I would have towards the end of the round if it was going to look like a win.

Highlights: Smashing a 260m drive down the center of the hardest hole (398 m) on the course :)

Lowlights: Making a double bogey 6 on that hole :(

No comments: