Saturday, March 04, 2006

Knockout Matchplay

Played my first matchplay competition today with the club. Let me tell you that golf during the hottest part of a 38° degree day is not fun. I think I might have some mild sun stroke. Oh well.. it was all worth it because I managed to win my match at the last hole.

I was on a handicap of 15 (up from 12) and up against a guy on 8. He had a funky Jim Furyk type of swing, unsual.. but it worked. I managed to get 4 up after 8 holes, but then he won 3 straight. I extended my lead again to two holes before he squared up the match with 3 holes to go. By this time the heat was really affecting me, but I was able to halve the next two. Went into the last hole with a shot on my opponent and par'd the last to win.

So I managed to scrape in and survive to next weeks match. Hopefully it wont be as hot. :)

Some good points: Started to hit my drive well again. Putted quite well.

Bad points: Made a meal of some tee shots and crumbled in the heat.

No comments: